AARP Foundation Tax-Aide, an AARP Foundation program, helps low- to moderate-income taxpayers have more discretionary income for everyday essentials, such as food and housing, by assisting with tax services and ensuring they receive applicable tax credits and deductions.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older. Through a cadre of trained volunteers, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide has helped low- to moderate-income individuals for more than 40 years in every state and the District of Columbia.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is offered in cooperation with the IRS.
Please note: There are some tax issues that are beyond the scope of our volunteer training. Most things that a retired or low-income person has will be OK.
The following sites are accepting reservations on-line:
- Castle Rock Senior Activity Center - closed in 2021 (starting on Jan 1, 2022)
- Firestone Carbon Valley Regional Library
- Fort Collins Council Tree Covenant Church - CLOSED in 2021 (starting on Feb 1, 2022)
- Greeley High Plains Library
- Highlands Ranch Library - CLOSED in 2021 (starting on Feb 1, 2022)
- Littleton Life Center AARP
- Littleton Life Center VITA
- Louisville Senior Center
- Malley Recreation Center - FIRST VISIT
- Parker Library - CLOSED in 2021 (starting on Feb 1, 2022)
- Sheridan Public Library (Denver) - CLOSED in 2021 (starting on Feb 1, 2022)
- Southglenn Library (Centennial) - CLOSED in 2021 (starting on Feb 1, 2022)
- Windsor Bethel Lutheran Church
Appointments at other sites are by phone – see the AARP Locator web site.
|Don't have an ID yet? . . . . .
||Make or Change appointments|
||Manage options and permissions|
All of our sites are working hard to determine if and how they will open in February and may change as the environment changes.
Those that are able to open will be at a very reduced capacity due to the Coronavirus protection measures we are taken for your and our protection and we may not be able to do more complex tax returns this season.