If the payer is not Colorado, the client may be a partial year resident unless they came after January 1st of this year.
Tax Slayer entry:
- The forms used for data entry vary, depending on the reason for the payment.
Federal Section > Income > Unemployment Compensation (1099-G Box 1)
- The amount will appear on Form 1040 line S1-19 – Unemployment compensation.
- Determine if the taxpayer had insurance coverage during the unemployment period and who was covered, for ACA purposes.
Federal Section > Income > State and Local Refunds (1099-G Box 2)
- If the client used sales tax as an itemized deduction or did not itemize last year, state tax refunds are not taxable. There is no entry required. See the Sales Tax Refund flowchart.
- See the 1040 income page for more information.
- If a year is specified and is not the current year, it is OUT OF SCOPE.
Federal Section > Income > Other Income > Other Income Not Reported Elsewhere
- Reemployment Trade Adjustment Assistance (RTAA) payments are entered as Miscellaneous Income.
Federal Section > Income > Other Income > Other Compensation > Scholarships and Grants.
- Taxable grants are entered as Miscellaneous Income