104PTC Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate (FYI General 7)
A very few taxpayers will have to file a tax return and still be eligible for the PTC rebate.
- Up to $600 in property taxes paid (including those paid on the TP’s behalf under the Property Tax Deferral Program)
- Up to $192 in heating bills paid.
- Either taxpayer is 65 or older (at year end), or a surviving spouse at least 58, or disabled with benefits for the entire year.
- Resided in Colorado for the entire year (both if married).
- Lawfully present in the United States.
- Must have a Colorado driver’s license or ID card.
- Not claimed as a dependent on any other person’s tax return.
- Total income for all sources less than:
- Only the current and one previous tax year can be claimed.
- If you don’t know if the property is a tax-exempt property, check NO. Colorado will verify. If you check YES and it is not a tax-exempt property, Colorado will not check.
- Remove any Medicare D payments included in the Social Security worksheet and move it to Schedule A detail under medical expenses.