Tax Slayer entry:
Federal Section > Income > IRA/Pension Distributions > RRB-1099-R
- Income reported on this form appears on Form 1040 line 4a – Pensions and annuities.
- Federal tax withheld appears on Form 1040 line 16 – Federal income tax withheld
- Enter the Employee Contributions amount and complete the Simplified Method worksheet using the TS Simplified Method worksheet under box 7a or our Annuity Calculator. If you use the TS Simplified Method calculator, it will carry to box 7a (Taxable amount).
- RR retirement income does not carry to the Colorado forms as a deduction from income. See the note below.
- Enter the Medicare Premium Total amount as an itemized medical deduction if it has not already been entered on the Social Security Equivalent (RRB-1099) statement.